Seminar: Efficient Resource Management 2014-2015
The seminar will be given by MARIA PASSALACQUA according to the following timetable:
THURSDAY 15 JANUARY 2014
16:00-18:30 seminar (part one)
ZAMMU' TV, University of Catania, Via Umberto 285, Catania
FRIDAY 16 JANUARY 2014
09:00-11:30 seminar (part two)
12:00-13:30 (part one)
14:30:16:00 (part two)
Department of Political and Social Science, University of Catania, Polo didattico Via Gravina 12 Catania - AULA 3
- To understand the need to integrate environmental management in enterprise’s strategy and management in order to tackle key challenges (i.e. more stringent legal requirements, increasing energy costs, the need to be a resource efficient organization, to mitigate and prevent climate change, etc.) and market needs and expectations (Corporate Social Responsibility, expected environmental added value of products and services).
- To transmit knowledge about benefits and costs of improving environmental performances through EMAS for different types of organizations and sectors of activities.
- To transmit knowledge about other EU environmental management tools that can be implemented in order to provide added value to products and services (Ecolabel).
- Introduction to environmental management (context, standards, environmental management within the organization strategy, procedure to obtain EMAS registration, costs).
- An overview of the Environmental Management System and relevant aspects of EMAS (links with the general organization management).
- Benefits of implementing EMAS.
- European case studies of EMAS registered organizations.
- Ecolabel as a tool to improve the product added value in the market.
- Director of the Club EMAS (Catalonia - SPAIN).
- Member of the Technical Working Group within the “Supporting the Evaluation of the Implementation of the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) Regulation 1221/2009”
- Participant within the working groups of the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission for the development of the EMAS sector reference documents.
- Trainer since 2005 at the CETT within the Master programme on Quality and Sustainability”
- Member of the Committee for EMAS verification of ENAC (Spanish Accreditation Body).
27/12/2016 - 09:43