ECONOMIA POLITICA E POLITICA ECONOMICAAcademic Year 2016/2017 - 1° Year
- RISORSE E MERCATOKNOWING AND UNDERSTANDING HISTORICAL, PHILOSOPHICAL AND ANTHROPOLOGICAL BASIS OF CIVIL AND ORTHODOX APPROACHES IN ECONOMICS
FOSTERING AWARENESS OF MARKET’S DYNAMICS
UNDERSTANDING THE EXTENT TO WHICH THE CONCEPT OF EFFECIENCY IN ECONOMICS IS MEANINGFUL .
KNOWING AND BEING CAPABLE OF EXPLAINING LOGICAL PREMISES OF CONSUMER THEORY AND ITS IMPLICATIONS
- LE ISTITUZIONI ECONOMICHE
LEARNING THE THEORY OF A COMPETITIVE FIRM LEARNING THE THEORY OF MONOPOLY AND OLIGOPOLY UNDERSTANDING THE DEBATE OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSABILITY UNDERSTANDING THE RESULTS OF THE STREAM OF STUDIES IN HAPPINESS AND ECONOMICS KNOWING THE BASICS OF GROWTH THEORY IN A WORLD WITH NOT REPRODUCIBLE RESOURCES. UNDERSTANDING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FOR PROJECT FIRMS AND FOR PROFIT FIRMS AND MASTERING THE APPROPRIATE ANLYTICAL INSTRUMENTS TO DISCUSS THEIR RESPECTIVE FEATURES
- LO STATO E IL MERCATOOur students should be able to understand and value critically the long debate from the old neoclassical theory until the New Keynesian Economics as concerning the effective market efficiency and so the real need of public interventions in the economy, in order to solve some relevant problems such as unemployment, inflation, underdevelopment and deficit in the Balance of Payments.
- LE POLITICHE DI INTERVENTOOur students should be able to understand and critically value the actual role of public interventions especially in an open economy, as regards the public choice in commercial policies (free trade or protectionism), the actual Market Globalization and the impact of international agreements (Trade Unions such as EEC, Monetary Unions such as the European Monetary Union and the well-known Euro implications).
Detailed Course Content
- RISORSE E MERCATOIntroduction to the study of economics – Orthodox economics vs Civil Economics: a comparison between different anthropologies and different meanings of market e exchange mechanism – Demand and Supply – ELASTICITY –Market efficiency and the concept of efficiency in economic theory – Consumer’s theory
- LE ISTITUZIONI ECONOMICHE
Esternalities –Public goods –production costa – equilibrium of a competitive firm – Monopoly – Monopolistic competition – Oligopoly – Asymmetric information – Economics and Happiness – Elements of growth theory .
- LO STATO E IL MERCATOWe shall analyze the debate from the old neoclassical theory until the New Keynesian Economics as concerns the previous market efficiency (or failure) and so the need of public interventions in the economy, in order to solve some relevant macroeconomic problems such as unemployment, inflation, underdevelopment and deficit in the Balance of Payments.
- LE POLITICHE DI INTERVENTOThe traditional Economic Policy: Monetary Policy and Fiscal Policy - The Public Policy for Economic Growth – The public interventions in an open economy – The commercial policies: free trade or protectionism – The Trade Unions – The EEC – Market Globalization – The Balance of Payments – The Exchange Rate Policies - Monetary Unions – The European Monetary Union and the Euro implications.