Seminar & Simulation on EU Negotiation 2014-2015
EU Negotiation: methods and practice
30 March - 2 April 2015
|Concept||Negotiation constitutes a strategic skill for managers, administrators, civil servants and many other professional careers. Be it internally (with colleagues, team members, or hierarchy), or externally (with stakeholders, national administrations or international organizations), negotiation capabilities can make a difference.|
|Objective||This seminar & simulation will help students to:
- gain an intellectual understanding of negotiators’ behavior and of central concepts in negotiation as they apply in the European Union institutional context;
- improve their ability to analyze the negotiation situation and learn how to develop a toolkit of useful negotiation skills, strategies, and approaches adapted to work in the European institutional context.
|Eligible participants||Under-Graduate and Master students.|
PhD in Political Science from the Institut d’études politiques of Paris (Sciences Po).
Research and training officer at the Institute for Research and Education on Negotiation (ESSEC IRENÉ)
|Teaching and learning methods||The seminar will be based on a series of negotiation simulation and exercises. These are framed and analyzed in terms of readings, lectures, and in-depth class discussions in a three step sequential approach.
1. Experiential Learning through Simulations Students engage in an exercise-simulation pertaining to a key aspect of negotiation in the EU.
2. Debriefing, Feedback & Self-Examination The instructor leads a discussion that involves analyzing students’ performance so that the class can analyze the relationship between different negotiation strategies and outcomes and learn from everyone’s experiences.
3. Framing concepts and discussion The instructor discusses with students the results of academic research that are connected with the seminar key learning points and the specific EU negotiation situation analyzed.
|Teaching hours||Mon.Tue.Wed. 09.00-12.30 a.m. and 02.00-05.30 p.m.
Thur. 09.00-12.00 a.m.
|Work required||Infornatuin given to the registered participants|
|Attendance & Certificate||Participants will be awarded with the attendance certificate and 3 credits on condition of complying with theaching hours and work required.|
|Venue||Department of Political and Social Sciences, Sala Riunioni (1st floor) via Vittorio Emanuele 49|
|Information||Dr. Valentina Barbagallo (Project Manager) 095 7347264 email@example.com|
|Registration||Forward to firstname.lastname@example.org (1) the application message including Name, date and place of birth, and (2) in attachment (a) your Master Programme Transcript of Records (to download from Portale degli Studenti as Certificato di iscrizione ed esami sostenuti) and (b) a certificate of English knowledge only in case of no English exam in the Transcript of Records.|
11/03/2021 - 13:00