Erasmus incoming students
Programme: degree offered. They can be BA (st level - UG) and MA (2 level - PG). Check UNICT educational offer (IT and EN)
Course: teaching units offered within BAs and MAs
Procedures: please check the administrative area for procedures and forms
Erasmus incoming students at DSPS can choose any course within any BA (st level - UG) and/or MA (2 level - PG).programme offered within the department. Be aware that you cannot select modules worth 3 ects/CFU nor can you select part of a course (6 ECTS/CFU out of 9 for a full course): you can only select a FULL course (6 or 9 or 12 ects/CFU)
Remember the main rules to be followed: "The maximum ECTS credits for the entire academic year is 60, for one semester is 30 and for a term is 15. The minimum ECTS credits to be accepted in Catania is 9. A learning agreement must include at least 70% of courses given within the destination Department and maximum 30% of courses given in other Departments, if previously agreed among Departments." A minimum 60% rate of classes attendance is required, in order to be admitted to exams. Be aware that if you select course offered within MA GLOPEM, the attendance rate is 70%. It is necessary to register students attendance to all classes indicated in their Learning Agreement. Professors will regularly register the date and classes hours attended on the Class attendance registration . At exam sessions, professors will check if the minimum 60% of classes attendance has been provided (70% for GLOPEM courses) and, if so, will allow the student to take the exam. If not, the student will not be allowed to take the exam.
Before selecting courses they should carefully check:
- content of the course (available in each BA (st level - UG) and MA (2 level - PG) programme under the label INSEGNAMENTI E PROGRAMMI;
- that timetables are not overlapping;
- language of teaching, provided that:
- all BA courses are offered in italian
- MA in Global Politics and Euro-Mediterranean Relations (GLOPEM) is entirely offered in english
- Other courses offered in english at DSPS are listed here
- Look at UNICT International Course Catalogue to find classes taught in English or in other foreign languages arranged according to Unict Departments and Bachelor’s & Master’s Programmes.
- Remember that "A learning agreement must include at least 70% of courses given within the destination Department and maximum 30% of courses given in other Departments, if previously agreed among Departments".
Courses in english at the Department of Economics
Courses taugh in foreign languages at the Department of Humanities
When filling the Learning Agreement, Erasmus incoming students must specify the code of the programme where the selected course is offered.
Component title at the Receiving Institution
Number of ECTS credits (or equivalent to be awarded by the Receiving Institution upon successful completion
Global civil society
|Scienze dell'amministrazione e dell'organizzazione||CODE: L-16|
|Storia, politica e relazioni internazionali||CODE: L-36|
|Sociologia e servizio sociale
CODE: L-40 (SOCIOLOGIA)
CODE: L-39 (SERVIZIO SOCIALE)
|Management della pubblica amministrazione||CODE: LM-63|
|Politiche e servizi sociali||CODE: LM-87|
|Sociologia delle reti, dell'informazione e dell'innovazione||CODE: LM-88|
|Storia e cultura dei paesi mediterranei||CODE: LM-84|
|Master Erasmus Mundus Tema+ heritage and development|